This is the vest I made for Halston's halloween costume. He wants to be the Joker from Batman. I looked on youtube and found a step by step guide to sewing a cute vest. He loves it!
This is shiny purple fabric that I am making a cape for Halston also. Ok I know, the Joker doesn't really have a cape but the thing is, I don't know how to sew a suit jacket with tails...there wasn't even a tutorial of how to do it on youtube. I looked at paterns too but the only one I could find that was the Joker was 1 where he is wearing a cape...problem solved...I can sew a cape...plus...capser are so much easier. I cute it out while Halston was at school and had the pieces sewn mostly when he came home...what kid can resisit a cape after all...plus I am adding a hood...I know its totally extra, but after the relief that i wouldn't have to sew a tux jacket I was up for a hood....
This is one of my best friends. His name is SERGER!!! My mom sister and Roger went in on it for me I love it!!! On e of the great things about my sewing day today was that Rhea came too. I never see enough of her. She is sewing her Halloween costume too so I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow...yes that's right...we get another sewing day tomorrow...I have to finish the cape and some purple pants...yes...the Joker needs purple pants...who knows it will probably be easy......
I love Tuesdays!!! Tuesdays are sewing days. I have 2 friends that I called up last year soon after New Years. I thought about my life. Currently I didn't really have any friends that I would do anything with. Plus, there were few friends that I really wanted to do things with and what would we do if we did get together??? Well, one night it came to me. I was wanting to sew Quincie some skirts...its all she wants to wear. I thought it through and figured out how to make a really cute and super simple skirt. I called up some friends and asked them to come over and sew with me and I would teach them how to make a really cute skirt.
No comments:
Post a Comment