Evening in Excellence 2010
Macey chose to do her 10 hour project in knowledge. She wanted to take some pictures at the temple and print out one that she could then blow up large and hang in our living room. Macey has quite a talent in taking pictures. She sees things that I totally miss. We went to the temple grounds one saturday morning and took pictures. We came home and she spent a couple of hours putting them together in collages. When we went to blow up the Temple picture that she really liked, we were told that it would be blurry...back to the Temple for more pictures this time she went with Grandma. ( she actually knows what she is doing) They went one day before school luckily it was a cloudy day that had beautiful sky's. The had a lot of fun. Two peas in a pod. Those pictures were even better. We were able to print one out in 20X30 size. She chose black and white and I found a frame. Shauna...my ohhh so awesome and know-it-all friend ( in a good way!!!) cut a mat and helped us frame it. It is GORGEOUS!!!!! The whole evening in excellence there was about 356 days of excellence leading to the temple. They had the cultural hall decorated with a red carpet running down the isle. At the end of the isle was Macey's Temple picture!!!! Right in the front of the room!They also had life-sized cut outs of all the girls that they got to decorate in their own style and value color. Each girl was then introduced by their parents and then the girl go to tell a little about the project and what they did. Macey is so cute. She got up and said "See this beautiful picture right here? I Took that picture with the help of my Grandma." She is one of the MOST confident girls I have ever met. She is confident with out being snotty or thinking she is better than everyone else. She accepts everyone and is friends with all! She is so wonderful. I am so lucky to have her for a daughter. I was/am so proud of her !!!!
1 comment:
Now, that's a great post. That Macey is really quite talented, and we did have so much fun together...one of these days, we may just have to stock up on CF cards, charge our batteries, pack a bag for each of us (We'll need 2 each of camera equipment) and hit the open road... I have ideas for pictures that could take us coast to coast and stops inbetween...
Post a Comment