Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things I have sewn

This was a 10 cent pillow case. My mother in law took me to this great thrift store in Pinetop and I found a couple of great things. I saw a tutorial on youtube about how to make a pillowcase dress. I really liked this one since it used elastic in the chest and back that wont pull out so I don't have to re-thread the straps into if they get pulled out. I actually sewed these in since I hate re-threading. It turned out cute . My friend said it was really cute but would have been a pretty hideous pillowcase. I may agree!
This was another find at the same thrift store. This was a valance, probably kitchen. This was the smaller top part. I also made a matching skirt that was from the larger part of the valance for my 13 year old. Cute!

Quincie had a cute cheerleader skirt. I looked at it and thought I could do it! Its basically a bunch of triangles and rectangles sewn together. It took a few more panels than I thought but the end result was pretty good for a first try. I made a darling one for my 13 yr old niece for her birthday...different fabric of course....and she loved it. Quite a great thing for twirling in!


This super great fabric was from Hobby Lobby. Great remnants!!! The skirt has a double ruffle on the bottom and the shirt was my first attempt at sewing an image on. 99 cent store shirt and a cute template my friend found online for the skull. Love this little outfit! We get compliments whenever she wears it! Such fun times sewing. I hated it as a kid but I found out as an adult that I don't have to have a pattern I can just make something out of other things I see. I love sewing something great, seeing it come together and its made just as good if not better than the things you get in the store....I've checked!!! HAHA !!!
Coming soon....Quincies Halloween China girl Kimono....if I hadn't been typing this I could have finished sewing it....oh my...



2 comments:

Robert Laux said...

So cute...you are amazing! Good Job!
MOM

Ladystamper said...

About time you starting sharing your talent with the world! cute stuff!!!