So happy that she has a playmate!
This is after she accidentally smashed her other little darling....
In her room where she made a small room that they kept crawling out of....
Quincie is the only kid at home during the days now. Now I know why it is a really bad idea to only have 1 child. We usually clean and do the typical up-keep on the house, go to the park or library, play with friends, color... stuff most mom's do with their kids. Today, I was super busy trying to finish Halston's Halloween costume...we have a trunk or treat party tomorrow night....so Quincie was left on her own a fair amount of time today. She played outside with her plastic dishes and water and was having a great time. The weather is so nice I had the door open right by my sewing machine. While I was sewing I happened to look at the floor by the door and saw these white-ish things under the tape we have keeping wires down. It looked like rice and I was sicked out thinking that somehow rice got all the way over by the door and when was the last time we had rice...??? Taking a closer look I saw that it was not in fact rice but...little white worms...maggots maybe???... that is at least what came to mind when I saw them....not sure what they are. Being that sicked out is not something I would keep from others so I called Roger and Quincie to come take and look. We all "eeeewwwweeeewww" -ed and "sick" -ed and I said I would clean it up in a minute...I was getting excitingly close to finishing the gorgeous cape I was sewing....next thing I knew Quincie had been quiet for quite a long time and she was now playing in her room. I decided to take a look. Sneaking quietly ( there are few things I love more than scaring the beegeebers out of my kids) I peered into her room and what do I see?? My sweet 3 year old holding her hands out and rocking and singing to 2 maggots!!!! She was singing lullaby's. She also had a tiny purple cradle she was rocking them in!! I left to laugh 'till I nearly wet my pants and after I composed myself, I grabbed my camera and went to take documentation of the deed. I don't know what is worse: the fact that she was playing with maggots or that she was startled like she was doing something wrong and that she preferred to play with maggots that with me!!! Granted I was busy but that is a low blow! Lunch time arrived and she washed her hands really well and put her "worms " outside. (They mysteriously disappeared while she was napping) When she woke up she was SO upset and crying that her "Magnet Worms" were gone.
Good heavens! I shudder to think what playmates she will find if I don't arrange a play date for her....but on the other hand the maggots were quiet and tidy...there was no cleaning up after them so maybe it wasn't that bad after all...KIDDING :)
2 comments:
oh my gosh....that is almost as funny as the V song! I love this little princess! She is a gem!!!
That story is the funniest thing, but it also shows how very imaginative and creative and flexible kids are...they can come up with something from nothing...No more putting up with "Im Bored". Yeah, right!
Post a Comment