Monday, July 27, 2009

Ward Campout!!! 2009
















WOW what a fun time! We had a ward camp out this last weekend. I don't know when was the last time that we have been ina ward that did one of those. To be honest I really didn't want to go what with all the preparing and getting dirty with the kids and who knew if anyone I would like to hang out with would be there. As it turned out all the people that I really like were there!!! We got plenty dirty and had a great time. The boys were fixated with fire as usual. The girls played this great game that I NEED to buy called bananagrams. Super fun and like scrabble kinda. We laughed and took walks and played with fire...no one wet the bed Mom...she always said that when you play with fire you wet to bed... so we had fun. Quincie actually slept and the other kids (besides Halston) may be a little questionable but over all it was a good time. On Saturday morning everyone decided to go on a hike together a little ways away from our camp site. We loaded up and while we were waiting we decided to go on by ourselves and go play in the Verde River instead with everyone to hike. So picturesque and calm. Stetson caught a big crawdad and Quincie threw her apple to the fish. Macey was scared of getting her toes nibbled by the little guys but eventually got over that. Jake made an ingenious trap out of an old bottle and set about trying to lure fish inside so he could catch them. He was patient but he didn't have any takers. Halston hit about 40 rocks that Roger pitched to him into the river. Roger and I decided we need to do more things like this. We had a fun time and maybe made some good memories for our kids and ourselves!

1 comment:

Garjit said...

I'm so glad that the camping wilderness is not left empty and naked and alone thanks to fine folks like yourself. Me, on the other hand, would prefer to stay home watching America's Most Wanted whilst eating Haagen Dasz!