So, the other night I am doing the usual night time thing...chasing my pack of hyenas around trying in vain to drag them to the bathtub and clean them enough that the teachers at school won't think I'm negligent...the tub looks like I just poured a bucket of mud in with the kids. Anyway, we get all through with the so called "bathing" and then its time for the best time of day...at least me kids think so, time for running and screaming and yelling and being bazerk and running amok and I always have to be the bad guy/gall and tell them to stop before someone gets hurt..which they never do and someone nearly always gets hurt and then that just adds another reason to stay up later and later so that in the morning we can start with grumpiness fresh. Anyhow miraculously no one got hurt that night but I had had enough...the older 4 are yelling and the baby is crying and I am DONE. I get that was every night DONE!!! I tell my kids that the nice mom goes away at 7 and the mean mom takes her place. They believe me but it does nothing to get them in bed any faster. After about an hour of all this and we are late for bed again, I finally stop trying to get my 3 year old to stay in bed by himself and decide I can lay by him and rub his hair until he goes to sleep. I don't want to but I decide dispite that fact that he has woken the baby up 2 times by going in her room and turning on the light and then yelling at the top of his lungs he is still little and needs me although I would rather lock him in his room and go down stairs in the garage and wonder around so I don't have to hear his yelling I am trying to be a more patient mom so I lay by him. He wants to lay close to me then he wants me to get off the bed...its a little like laying by an octopus...hands everywhere one pulling me close while the other is pushing me away..you get the idea, he lays there almost still for a minute then he says..
"Mom can you tell me a story"
"Sure"I say not wanting to and half asleep but this point.
"What do you want the story to be about"
"Well, could you tell me about the gospel and about Jesus?"
Heavens, what am I to say about that??
"Hey I hope Jesus wasn't looking down on our happy little family 10 minutes ago when I threatened you all within an inch of your lives if you weren't all in bed by the count of 3?"
I'm sure Jesus frowns on beating our children within an inch of their lives!
2 comments:
I have octopus children too! Gotta love the little buggers.
YOU'RE SO FUNNY! I've been missing your blog this whole time! I demand more posting!!
Post a Comment